Senior Mechanical Design Engineer
Our cientdelivers over 80 billion products a year and as such service thousands of global customers, both directly and through their extensive network of channel partners. They are at the heart of billions of electronic devices in the Automotive, Mobile, Industrial, Consumer, Computing, and Communication Infrastructure segments.
For this client, we are looking for an enthusiastic result-driven professional who, in the mechanical design domain, strengthens and co-shapes the future the R&D department of ITEC.
The successful candidate will be, as member of a multidiscipline project team, responsible for developing designs for ITEC’s pick & place equipment. The candidate will be actively participating in the requirements, the design, the integration and testing.
- Responsible for the mechanical concepts & designs of Assembly equipment and/or building blocks to improve or to speed-up existing equipment. This includes effort estimations and tracking on design and costs of goods involved.
- Mechanical lead in the multidiscipline project team till final customer acceptance. The start can be at the conceptual phase or at the global design phase based on aligned requirements.
- Coaching of design engineers and technicians in detailing the design, assembling, integration & testing/using the equipment. This can also take place at subcontractors.
- Document related design process outputs including manufacturing and user instructions (manual).
- Master / Bachelor degree in Mechanical Engineering
- 5+ years (MSc), 10+ years (BSc) experience / proven skills in high performance equipment development.
- Excellent communication skills with fluency in English
- Mature, an innovative mindset, analytical skills, a solution & hands-on oriented attitude
- A team player with the ability to work independently in a cross functional international team
- Additional experiences or knowledge in one or more of the following domains are an advantage
- Experience in Semiconductor Assembly equipment or an international technical organization
- Experience in using NX (CAD) / Teamcenter (PDM), FEM modelling, MATLAB simulation
- Experience in Machine Directives / CE-certification
- Mechatronics knowledge and/or System Control knowledge
- Optical and/or Lighting knowledge
AT THE CLIENT
- Challenging company culture. Your initiatives, feedback and ideas matter
- Innovative and international working environment developing fast and complex pick & place equipment
- An international, enthusiastic and experienced team working with modern tools
- Career opportunities and extensive learning (e.g. growth to Principal or Architect)
- Business trip opportunities