Functional Safety Specialist (English)
Do you want to do more than just ISO 26262 ?
Our customer is a product development company in automotive engineering. They eat, dream, sleep automotive system engineering in power train, interior and chassis domain. They deliver pragmatic, agile workable solutions in tune with their customers’ heart beat and share best practices out of their own experience and vision.
Brief selection of activities
The candidate will be responsible for the development of mainly powertrain systems that meet the agreed functional, cost, quality and operational requirements, within the budget and time constraints required. The position will involve close communication and cooperation with overall project teams, engineering technical specialist support functions, clients and suppliers.
• Experienced Engineer with 5-10 year (international) experience in automotive system development (OEM / First Tier Supplier).
• Broad engineering knowledge of powertrain systems
• A BsC or MsC Degree in Automotive, Software or Electronics Engineering.
• Experience with C and Matlab Simulink.
• Knowledge of automotive software standards and processes like Automotive SPICE and ISO 26262, protocols like CAN, UDS and tools like Vector and Mathworks (Simulink).
• Excellent communication skills in English and preferably German.
• Flexibility to travel in Europa for customer meetings and/or work with customer development teams
• Valid and clean European driving license
Knowledge or experience of system engineering processes; these could include:
• Preparation of system and component specification documentation
• Preparation of FMEA’s and for example HARA’s
• Supplier management
• Structured problem solving (e.g.8D)
• Understand Test and development procedures
• Gateway and product release process
• Good task planning and control
• Good supplier management and liaison skills
• Be comfortable in meeting environments, and be able to put forward full and reasoned arguments, based on data analysis
• Ability to coordinate and understand information from multiple engineering functions
• Excellent PC skills
• Good report writing and presentation skills are essential
Please send your email to email@example.com or call 0031 6 556 889 23